Picture Analysis.
This picture is a good picture because the lighting is perfect, I really like how you can see her cheek bone dip. She also looks quite tough but the flower is a symbol for her softer, more feminine side. But the background isn't any good because it is not a full background, it splits off at the left hand side. Also it isn't very pretty and would be very difficult to edit out in photoshop. I also like how her make up looks in this photograph because her skin looks clean and fresh so would need less editing in photoshop. But for my front cover it would have to be a portrait shot not a landscape.

I really like this picture because of how sharp it is. Although it could not be used for a front cover because it is not giving off the right image for my target audience (16 - 21). But it could be used as a small image on my contents page or even on my double page spread to highlight her troubles and addictions. Again it is the wrong way around; it needs to be portrait not landscape. Like my previous picture her skin looks perfect already but her cheek bones aren't as visible. The smoke is very nice because it is quite sharp. Her nails could have been done better, I may need to get some fake ones for my real photo shoot as hers are very short.

This photo would have been perfect if the flash wasn't as bright, it has burned out he forehead a bit too much. I also need to leave more space in the background as it is quite close and again it needs to be the other way up if it were to be my magazine front cover. But again it doesn't send off the right message so could be used on my contents page or double page spread. I really like how the smoke looks in this photograph though because you can see it twisting and turning and it looks very good. The smoking photographs give off the connotation that she has a lot of struggles and addictions.
I like the comments on representations here - use the terms 'symbolic sign' etc. You show a definite Level 4 ability.
ReplyDelete