Inspirations and Intentions For My Own Magazine.
All
my research into magazine front covers and contents pages has led me
to want to make an indie/grunge magazine for 16 – 21 year olds. I
think this will be good because it will allow me to be very creative
and have fun taking pictures. I intend to use the colour scheme of
red, black, grey and white. I am aiming for a mixture of music genres in my magazine.
NME, Clash, Q and Kerrang
have been massive inspirations for me because of the unique house
styles and just the overall look of the magazine. The look very nice;
I really like the hand painted look of some of the puffs in the
magazines and all of the colour schemes they use. I also like how they are dark the photographs are, but they also have a splash of a bright colour on them to liven it up.
I like the range of pictures they use, they make looking at a lot of them together very interesting because no two bands/singers are posed the same. I also like how many pictures are used on the contents pages, there isn't an excessive amount but there is still enough to let you know what is going on in the magazine without a great amount of reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment